Some do-it-yourself projects require a lot of time and energy that you may not have after a long day at work that is why it is a good idea to take it to a professional to have completed, like the service center at Corwin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. However, some can be completed in just minutes, such as a wiper replacement.
If you want to take on this project on your own, check out the steps we have below, and always remember to follow safety guidelines.
Wiper Replacement Safety
- Place a towel or rag under the wiper blade on the windshield. This way, if your wiper blade falls, it won't scratch the glass and helps to prevent it from breaking.
- As for yourself, just make sure not to pinch your fingers during this change.
Wiper Replacement Tools
- New windshield wipers
Do-It-Yourself Wiper Replacement
- On some wiper blades you may have to remove a tab or little piece blocking the connection of your wiper blade to the wiper arm.
- Once that is removed, simple unlock the connection by sliding the wiper blade of the "j hook" on the wiper arm. You should hear some kind of pop or snap to signify it coming off.
- Take your new wiper blade and put it on the j-hook the same way your removed the old blade.
- Replace whatever tab or little piece you may have removed to get to the connection spot.
That's it! Your do-it-yourself wiper replacement is complete. Remember to replace both wiper blades as necessary and any other windshield wipers you may have, such as on the back windshield or in some cases on headlights.